Extension Plans Lytham 
Extension Plans Blackpool

House Plans Lytham 
House Plans Blackpool 

For all your Extension Plan needs:

  • Kitchen Extension Plans
  • Attic Conversions
  • Hip to Gable Rooflifts with Dormers
  • Orangery / Sunlounge Extension Plans
  • Granny Flats
  • Garage to Bedroom Conversions

Contact Homeplan Designs on:

01253 737 724 
07971 293 182
or email us on:

Rear Orangery Extension on a Detached House

Do I Need Planning Permission When Building an Extension? 

Not Always

In many cases you will be able to build an extension under Permitted Development (PD). These rules allow certain works to be carried out to your home providing you meet the criteria.

Under Permitted Development, the following rules apply:

* •You can extend a detached property by 8m to the rear if it’s a single-storey extension, or by 3m if it’s a 2 storey

* •You can extend a semi-detached property by 6m to the rear if it’s a single-storey extension, or by 3m if it’s a 2 storey

* •A single-storey extension can’t be higher than 4m on the ridge, or top of the roof slope, and the maximum height at the eaves is 3m.

* •Two-storey extensions cannot be closer than 7m to the rear boundary

* •Side extensions can only be single storey with a maximum top of slope roof height of 4m, and the maximum height at the eaves is 3m, its width can be no more than half the width of the original building

* •Any new extension must be built in the similar material to the existing dwelling

* •Extensions must not go forward of the building line of the original dwelling

* •In designated areas (such as conservation areas, areas of outstanding natural beauty and national parks etc), side extensions require planning permission and all rear extensions must be single storey

* •An extension must not result in more than half the garden being covered

You should also note that if your house is in a Conservation Area or a National Park, the amount of work under Permitted Development is considerably reduced.

If you’re considering a large extension you will more than likely need planning permission and you will need to submit an application to your local council planning department.

It is a good idea to ring a specialist like ourselves to discuss your options, and find out what permissions you will need.

For a chat about your options ring Chris at Homeplan Designs on 07971 293182

Chris Sinkinson

Homeplan Designs
Dragons Lair
49 East Beach
T. 01253 737724
M. 07971 293182
Web Site. www.homeplan-designs.com
Email cnsinkinson@gmail.com